Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pro strategy

Hats is still closeted to her family, and one of her big worries is that they'll somehow find out about her being trans (or at least hear that she's 'going around in drag' [*wince*]) from some source other than her, and that one day she'll just go to visit the grandparents and it'll be "SO, I heard an interesting thing about you", at which point the world would end. She didn't seem to have any game plan for this scenario beyond being absolutely devastated, so I suggested one:

Print out a big stack of business cards all bearing some short message along the lines of "You weren't supposed to find out like this!" and possibly also "I'm female!" and just carry them around all the time. Then if a relative springs it on her, she can throw the whole lot of them into the air like a smoke bomb and flee before the relatives know what's hit 'em. Hats endorses this plan.

I have designed the cards. Aren't they lovely?


After I designed the cards, the website proceeded to suggest numerous other items with my "company name" on them. Including this:


Random person: "Excuse me, sir, do you know the way to the beach?"
Hats: "I do. Can I see your hand?"
Random: "Sure, why-" KACHUNK

Surely this is the most gentle, tactful, and subtle way to correct people on your gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment